Saturday, April 3, 2010

TEDxMumbai @ Bluefrog Part-1

Some days you wish never end. You wish they go on an on and on.
Today TEDxMumbai @Bluefrog was definitely on of them, where I just soaked in everything that I could like a sponge.

Though I will not elaborate much about the speakers and the entire day's happenings, the videos would be uploaded soon on TED page but would put down points that I jotted in my diary. Did somebody check out the live feeds that were available for free???

Morning:
The first session was about "Hopes and Dreams"-- Obama's listening!!!
First speaker for the day, Viren Rasquina started off li'l nervously and shared his insights on India's potential to be Olympic gold winning machine. He captured the audience with this "It takes only 6 grams worth of gold to lift a nation".. still feel my hair standing on end..

I had heard him talk at IITB, where he shared his own personal experiences and the punishments that he took to play at the top level. I wish he could share that more often.. coz our country needs heros badly....Is Viren listening?
Followed by Dr. Anju Venkat and Daniel Carroll, who gave hope to a million curious patients and families that fatalitles like cancer, biological degenerations like osteoporosis, arthiritis, asthama can get cured only by correction of diet, because our body has this ability to cleanse, maintain and upgrade itself.. The startling insight was 'chlorophyll and blood have the same structural design', so if plants could regenerate themselves so could humans because blood is the only carrier in body.. apart from electrical impulses!!! I met Anju during one of the mingle breaks...she said something that really blew me off.."we don't put diesel in a petrol engine.. do we? not even once"..how true!!!
The best one I have saved for now
He was Anupam Kher.. I love and respect him for what he is ..I'll take this liberty to share everything that I could scribble in...
He spoke about his family and his background and shared all his childhood anecdotes to support his insights.
He spoke about how pathetic he was at studies, athletics and coming from a lower middle class joint family, how his character filled family tingled his comic, acting traits. How he always wanted to be different.. and how  he ran from home, went to Chandigarh to act, went to Benaras to turn into hermit and landed at Nainital.. to act.. He was truly entertaining throughout.... his mum's 'bittu utt..bittu utt..bittu utt..'. his Chaplin uncle's closed eyed sermons. his father's fancies with double roti walla.. his own goof-ups at inaugural speech in English.. his Nainital Judo chops were very delightful... but whey did he say all that??? ..
He had five things to share
1.He always wanted to be different...
2.The only thing that he had were dreams.. just dreams..
3."Never be scared of making an ass of yourself"
4. Failure is the best thing that can teach you
5. You are an answer to yourself.. Hence, Be Yourself!!!!

I'll write about the next sessions in the part 2. of this blog..I just feel that if I write about things like these, they'll not just be in my notebook, but also be for people to read about things that're really worth sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment