Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dots at TEDxMumbai

"The more the I learnt, the more I learn about my smallness.
I learnt that I was a dot, and I always will be one.
A line takes two dots. This line is small part of a circle.
Viola!! There is just enough space for me to fit in make a circle"

This post is a way to let the tingling sensations the the back of my mind.. I've put in my diary the things that I learnt at TEDxMumbai, and people whom I met, but I want others to know about them and get connected. As Steve Jobs says "It is all about connecting the dots".

I am enumerating randomly the people I met.I will always stay in touch with them and You should get in touch with them.. coz they are really smart people. If I missed any of you give me a buzz and I'll update this space.

I met Viren Rasquina and requested him to share his own journey and his punishments that took him to the top, but since time was a constraint he could not include that.
I met Deepa and her colleagues and they are doing wonderful work with Rang De , an MFI and enabling grassroot sustainance.
Savita Vij was bubbly and enthusiastic and explained the importance of identity and her passion to help people find their identity. I learnt that Savita and Ravi mean the same, infact our interests too were similar.
I met Paras, who is very passionate about delivering services to the grassroots over mobile Harsh, and  Navin who are very passionate about education and instructional pedagogies and their scalability. I came across this gentleman Ashish Rao who was very passionate about education in general.

During the lunch time I met Fahad, who is very passionate about robotics and education and explained how they are working and having fun . Nisha was fabulous and simple in her conversations. I met Aayesha who was really very smart and passionate about education in India and explained the insights that she had during teaching kids in marathi.
I can not forget the serenity that Dr. Ganesh Devy possessed. you can read everything about him but that will be too little to fathom his depth. Truly a wonderful person to have connected to.
I had this opportunity to talk to V.Raghunathan who is doing wonderful work in the field of empowering people and institutions at the grassroots. I am so happy to have spoken to him.
Matias and Rahul were great and so casual and easy going. I already have an invite to their place
Very passionate people are often very different. Lubeina and Hema were amongst them. They were very passionate about what they were doing and held so closely to their convictions. They were very good to talk to.
Finally I could for a moment meet this young entrepreneur Farrhad.. and found few common connections that we'll explore soon. 
LakshmiParmesh, Netra, Arpit, Priyanka, Yashesh were all great in bringing together such a fabulous event which will stay for the rest of my life. Thank you

Pl note..The links have not been visited but are correct to my observations. But all in all I will never forget these wonderful and energetic moments with such smart people all under the same roof.
Thanks!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment