Saturday, July 21, 2012

Today I found a friend

Today I found a friend,
Or maybe she found me,
Or was it fate, chance, circumstance - 
Predestination, by whatever name?
Were we like nanoid stars whose orbits,
Devised at time's beginning,
In due season
Intersect?

Though we'll never know, 
No matter! For instinct tells me
That our friendship, nurtured,
Will grow strong.

So much of her I like;
Her quiet ways, warmth,
A gentle wit, and intellect,
An honest face, kind eyes, a ready smile.

'Friend' is not easily defined, and yet,
These things mean that to me
Concerning one whom, even now,
I hope to see again 
And count the days and hours 
Until a second meeting.

- via email from author/writer/poet Ms NiveditaN, you can find her here.
   She has a 'rough e-book' which she maintains here

contd...
a word from her, her gentle hi,
her mellow hello, her naughty giggle,
her deep eyes, that beautiful shine,

her pleasant demeanour, graceful gentle steps
her beautiful heart, unmistaken gratitude
they woo, they woo
how i wish, she were my friend
how i wish, we met more often
for time slows or 
paces too much i dont know
i know she is an angel on the shoulder
and i am an admirer, a fan, an acquaintance
until a second meeting and may be even after

-anon
a song that hums on my mind screen is 'Hallelujah' by Leonard Cohen: Linked here

No comments:

Post a Comment