Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mere Intern waali maggi

Relationships as i understand are all connections, which are dated back to time in-articulated.

Friends, acquaintances, soul mates, co-mates, colleague, enemy are all terms/abstractions and compartmentalization that make us look controlling.

There are times when we meet few people and don't understand or feel connected after zillion meets
then there are times, when we meet a person or don't even meet him/her and feel like we have known them for ages.
Terms don't matter much unless we give it so much importance. As if living in terminologies was the way life got defined.
Such is a beautiful person I found in Sai Teja. He was my companion for the whole of June and July in Hyderabad.
Sometimes he was my friend, some times he was my parent, sometimes he was my younger brother(sometimes elder too :P ), most of the times just another notorious little IITian rascal.

In the last two months, he cooked delicious food for both of us. He cared whether i had food on time or not.
His laptop was the source for Counter Strike bouts for me, and now I can say with enough confidence, 'bring it on'

His singing could give you the cleanest death. As clean as when Socrates drank up the potion.
He never got bored of my songs and my constant 'Ooo Womaniya.. ahaa Womaniya' hummings.

His tales at IIT were always entertaining. I would listen to them enthusiastically like a kid would do.
It is still a beautiful huge Pandora's Box for me, always amazing in ways, mysterious.
We tend to crave for things we don't have; always happens right?

Weekends were most looked forward to, although he gave me a slip at the last moment for the 'Amazing Superman', but we've promised to settle those accounts in future.
They were filled with food experiments of all types and we surely have picked up some culinary skills to show off. The egg pulsu, the bhindi curry, the super delicious tomato curry were his inventions. I loved being the guinea pig for all his tests, and boy they were delicious to the last drop.

I totally loved Sai's enthusiasm to learn Computer Science, but i know that it just stops at that :P.
Donald Knuth, Cormen et.al are gathering dust in his bag (Oh! gathering moisture on his hard-disk) and promises to complete 200 pages of the algorithm book are still promises.
(Sai took Robert Frost's 'promises to keep' quite literally :P)

His work was very impressive. His eagerness to learn and experiment new concepts is admirable. Unlike most interns, he worked and learnt seriously. No wonder we could complete our product prototype much ahead of time.
(@Sai, my conscience doesn't allow to lie anymore)

On a serious note, he indeed is really good. (@Chaitu, we mean it haan , or do we? : P)

So, if my dear readers have been so forgiving to read up-til this place, and wondering where the 'maggi' is, then i must admit that i am going to miss Sai's intern waali maagi cooked everyday for morning breakfast.

Thank you Sai. I'll miss you bey.

PS: I missed mentioning the amazing conversations i shared with Chaitanya a.k.a Chaitu Chill and his keenness towards operational research and his love for Coke and his 'oh so cool American Desipan', i am going to miss you too dost

No comments:

Post a Comment